Submersible Slurry Pumps & High Head Dewatering Pump
Submersible Slurry Pumps
Goodwin Submersible Slurry Pumps are designed and precision engineered to endure and perform in the most demanding environments.
The heavy duty pumps are equipped with a patented external inducer that breaks down and re-suspends settled or compacted solids, allowing them to easily transfer a very high percentage of solids to water.
Goodwin have designed and manufactured Submersible Slurry Pumps for over thirty years.
The original design brief included a formidable list of criteria :
• A motor enclosure which eliminated electrical motor heating and burnout.
• A motor with reserves of power to enable direct online starting when in settled sump solids.
• Design an integral inducer to break down and re-suspend settled solids.
• Develop a mechanical sealing system which was not subjected to the pumped media pressure.
• Create a cable gland entry and motor configuration which kept the terminal enclosure separate from the motor enclosure.
Originally used in UK coal mining, this was soon followed by the steel and power industries. During the 1990s a major design review took place before expanding into Europe and beyond, with applications in Gold, Copper and Platinum mining. Goodwin Pumps are now sold on four continents with centres of excellence for sales and service in Europe, India, China, Brazil, South Africa and Australia.